The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services WILL NOT collect garbage, recycling, yard waste or bulky items on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25. All customers should place their garbage and recycling carts on the curb Wednesday, December 26 and leave them there until items are collected. This is an orange recycling week.
Additional Collection Details
- Yard waste and bulky item collection will be suspended for the week.
- Large cardboard boxes that are unable to fit in the recycling cart should be placed next to the recycling cart to be collected.
- Text CLTSWS to 245-87 to receive collection alerts directly to your phone.
How to Prepare For Collection
- Please ensure that the lid on your garbage and recycling rollout carts are down.
- Please place the cart within six feet of the curb and with the handle facing toward your property. Do not block the sidewalk.
- Please allow three feet of space between collection items and other obstacles such as mailboxes, phone poles and vehicles.
- Place the cart at the curb no later than 6:00 am on Wednesday, December 26 and leave at the curb until collected.
- All recyclables should be loose in the cart. Recyclables should not be bagged.
- For recycling: no plastic bags. Plastic bags aren’t accepted and should be recycled at local grocery store.Styrofoam and plastic plates and cups should be thrown in the garbage.