Recently ranked the 15th largest city in the United States, Charlotte is now a burgeoning food capital known for its many award-winning restaurants. From fine dining, to international fare, to farm-to-table, to iconic local favorites, to Southern cuisine, Charlotte features a vast array of exceptional culinary experiences.
Here’s a small sampling of the many restaurants in the Charlotte area. To view an extensive list, visit here.
- Beef ‘N Bottle – The local’s favorite Charlotte Steakhouse with an impressive wine list, this restaurant was voted among the Top 100 Steakhouses in America by OpenTable Diners.
- Café Monte – An authentic French bakery and bistro, Café Monte offers exquisitely prepared high-quality French fare.
- Famous Toastery – Serving all-day breakfast, or lunch, or brunch, this restaurant’s food is decadent and nutritious, and uncompromisingly fresh.
- Farenheit – This rooftop restaurant has amazing panoramic views overlooking the Queen City.
- Haymaker – Award-winning Executive Chef and Owner William Dissen focuses on heirloom ingredients, preservation, and sustainable meats and seafood when serving sophisticated farm-to-table fare.
- The King’s Kitchen – An award-winning nonprofit restaurant in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, this restaurant serves southern-inspired cuisine from Carolina farms and purveyors. Its profits and proceeds go toward feeding the poor of the community.
- Mal Pan – Taqueria Mal Pan is a real Mexican experience. Our chef driven menu is a combination of both modern and classic Mexican gastronomy.
- Peppervine – A restaurant hidden in SouthPark Charlotte, Peppervine was named among America’s best places to eat in 2020.
- Pizzeria Omaggio – Awarded “Best Pizza in North Carolina,” this authentic Italian pizzeria offers Italian and American classics.
- Pump House – Featured by Forbes, 100 Most Scenic Restaurants in America.
- Stagioni – “Bruce Moffett’s restaurant Stagioni is located in a gorgeous Eastover home with an unbelievable history and serves up some of the finest Italian food in the city.” QC Exclusive
Local Parks and Recreation
- Anne Springs Close Greenway
- Colonel Francis Beatty Park
- Crowders Mountain State Park
- Freedom Park
- Idlewild Road Park
- Lake Norman State Park
- McAlpine Creek Park
- Mint Hill Veterans Memorial Park
- Park on Wilgrove
- Giordana Velodrome
- Sherman Branch Park Mountain Bike Trail
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- The Divide Golf Club
- The Emerald Golf Club
- The Golf Club at Ballantyne
- Highland Creek Golf Club
- Olde Sycamore Golf Plantation
- Carolina Raptor Center
- Carolinas Aviation Museum
- Carowinds Amusement Park
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- Historic Latta Plantation
- McDowell Nature Center and Preserve
- McGill Rose Garden
- Mint Hill Farmers Market
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Reed Gold Mine
- Reedy Creek Nature Center and Preserve
- UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens
- Wing Haven Garden and Bird Sanctuary